Once busy with shipping and commerce, the Prince's Dock area is now a symbol of regeneration for Glasgow and the Clyde.
Bell's Bridge was constructed for the 1988 Glasgow Garden
Festival which took place on the newly filled Prince's dock site.
This was one of the first steps in the regeneration of the
Clyde. Along with the memorable European Year of Culture in
1990 it helped restore the hopes of local people lamenting the loss
of industries that had been a way of life.
Clyde is the new digital media quarter is being developed at
Pacific Quay alongside the Glasgow Science Centre and new BBC
View Prince's Dock on Google Maps (opens in
The Waverley, the world's last ocean-going paddle steamer was built in 1947 by A & J Inglis on the River Clyde in Glasgow. Countless passengers have enjoyed a trip ‘doon the watter’ aboard this important symbol of Clyde heritage.
These dry docks were used extensively for winter overhauls and refits of Clyde steamers.
This pumping station is one of a number of ornate dock side buildings that can still be seen along the Clyde.
The grandeur of Govan Town Hall has been preserved as the building has recently been refurbished as Film City, a centre for film production companies.